View Single Post
      01-17-2023, 10:09 PM   #7
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFantastic85 View Post
What a travesty. Do we seriously have to into the touch screen in order to adjust the distance for ACC? Why can’t we adjust that on the steering wheel? (I’m in the US)

So, I've had both a 2021 and now a 2023 X7. I will say in the 2021 I used to adjust the distance on the steering wheel as I approached oncoming traffic in the left lane by shortening the distance. This way ideally the driver ahead of me could see I was approaching and move over to the right...depending on state they either moved over or simply stayed in the left lane doing the speed limit and of course at that point I just accelerated and passed.

Now with the 2023, as I approach a car in front of me if I want to get closer I just press on the gas pedal and adjust my distance in order to persuade the driver to change lanes. Once they move over I take my foot off the gas and the car resumes my original cruise control speed.

I can't recall if the 2021 X7 allowed me to do this. I think it did, but I never used it since I could just adjust the distance manually.

However, now I find that I prefer adjusting the distance by adjusting my speed while in cruise control mode. Also, if I find we're matching speed, then I don't see any reason I need to get any closer to the vehicle in front of me.

I think the lack of buttons to make adjustments just had me change the way I drive. I got used to it pretty quick and don't really have any gripes about everything being on the screen.
Appreciate 4