07-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #13
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80M3 BG KO, '17 Taco Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
goes to show you how freaking awesome the new 991 chassis is. its the single BEST car ive ever driven, I absolutely loved the 991s and 4s I drove.

I predicted some time ago that once the OMG EPS stage was over, people would realize the genius that is the 991 chassis. Its such a huge improvement over the 997 it feels like a 2 generation gap instead of just one.

that said, on a tight track I think the f8x did great. I do think that its clear that the PSS (everyones favorite tire here) was way overmatched in its 275 diameter on the track. I look forward to seeing how a set of say RE11 or ad08r tires in 295 perform.

I certainly would consider bumping up to 275/295 with a good set of 9.5/10.5 width wheels. At the minimum sounds like the m3/4 needs proper extreme summers for track duty.

however, seems like the car is set up for great fun as it is.

I loved this review because it talks about 3 of my favorite cars while accurately pointing out the positives and negatives of each. EVO really does write some of the best articles.

Im in amazement at how good sports cars are getting these days. The golden age of performance for sure.
I would think so,as in the passed,the M3 was always compared to the Carrera S.The results were pretty similar to this review with the Carrera S slightly ahead of the M3.Now it looks like the entry level Carrera is plenty good,speaks volumes about the 991 chassis.

Agree the M3 is very good chassis wise,as it should be...as development has been going on the f8x for years now.But at the end of the day the 911 is a clean sheet design and the M3 does not have the same advantage as it's based on the base 3 series chassis.
Appreciate 0