07-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #19
irablumberg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by svc0x80 View Post
How do you like the interior of the M4 vs the GTR?
The M4 is far more comfortable than the GT-R. Material quality is higher. The cabin feels far more spacious compared to the rather cramped GT-R. Also, the GT-R had almost no sound insulation. The stock run flat tires howl at any speed over 40 MPH and the exhaust has nasty and annoying drone at speeds between 65 and 75 MPH. Using Bluetooth for mobile calls was impossible on the freeway as the phone volume simply never gets loud enough to overcome all the cabin noise.

To its credit, the GT-R's air conditioner is actually more powerful than the M4's. On the really hot and humid North Carolina summer days, the GT-R had no trouble making me shiver. The M4 struggles to keep me comfortable.
Of course the fact that my M4 is BSM may also have something impact on the air conditioning ;-)

As a daily driver, with an average commute of about 25 minutes each way, the GT-R was a hoot, but I never found a road that could challenge it at anything near a legal speed. Note that to make the daily commute tolerable, I had to ditch the stock run flat tires and replace them with Pilot Super Sports which are much quieter. Even then I had to play the radio really loud to overcome the exhaust drone. By contrast, the M4 is comfortable for 4+ hour highway jaunts. It just does not have the brutal and hard edged performance of the GT-R. However, unless you have a really challenging road or a race track nearby, driving the GT-R is likely to get you into trouble as it feels so planted and secure you fail to notice that you are going 85-95 MPH on roads where other cars really get your attention at 70 MPH.
Appreciate 0