11-15-2006, 09:25 AM   #12
F30Toad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Genesis G70

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30M3Driver
I ordered a second set of 162's for snows from bmwwheels.com (actually, I got my dealer to match their price and bought from the dealer.) I think a good deal are the 18" CSL replicas from modbargins.com and would probably do that if I had to do it over again.

You seriously plan on autoxing your 335i? I finally got mine on the track this fall and it did really well, but it is heavy and has no limited slip and that limits the fun factor.
Did you buy the extra 162's staggered or not? I was thinking that I would get the same all around for the extra set. Figured that even for track use the smaller rears would help get rid of some oversteer. I was considering getting 17's as well, although I really like the look of 18's.

I really missed autoxing this last year. Probably do a driving school with the BMWCCA as well. I will admit that the limited slip on my M3 made it easier to put power down, but I had a lot of fun autoxing with my old E36 325i convertible as well. Guess I'll have to learn to be light on the throttle on the sharp corners since the 335 has 110-115hp more than the 325iC had. I remember how easy it was to spin the inside tire even with 189hp. Wish the 335 had some type of competition mode for the DSC, just have to see how it goes.
Appreciate 0