View Single Post
      08-11-2020, 06:45 PM   #19
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARMAATL View Post
First, the Discovery and Range Rover are two completely different models. At that point, you might as well bring up an X3 vs an X7, which is a fairly useless discussion.

Second, and in fairness, I'm comparing trim levels of one model, not different vehicles that share a chassis or basis, as is the comparison you've made with Toyota/Lexus and Nissan/Infiniti.

Third, you're still driving an X7, just one with Alpina badging. Your leather wallet brand comparison doesn't work, neither does the Vegas/Atlantic City comparison because the companies (read: cities or wallets in your example) aren't different. The only thing I don’t like about the X7 ALPINA is the base wheels. Looks way way too retro 1980’s in a bad way. You still need to option up the ALPINA to get a vehicle worthy of its price point. If that is worth it over a equally optioned X7 M50i is very subjective. I am glad BMW has it and pushing even more high end.

The proper comparison would be a Range Rover Autobiography vs an HSE, or a Maybach GLS vs a GLS 580. In both of those instances, the brands have made huge changes over the base vehicle, not just a different engine and a couple badge swaps. But, maybe I'm missing something.

As such, maybe someone with a better explanation can chime in. If it's just badging and the exclusivity, that's cool. At that point, why not just pony up the extra dough and pick up a Bentayga, DBX, or Urus?

Just wondering
The Bentayga is a mid size SUV. I wasn’t that impressed with it either. Had RR for 7 long months of hell and never again. Honestly the X7 is in its own league as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by MystroX5; 08-11-2020 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 0