Rep
Drives: E90 335d, G07 M50i, F26 X4

Garage List
2022 bmw X7 M50i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X4  [0.00]
2009 BMW 335D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Well said. Additionally, shared components is something we see between all kind of vehicles regardless of which category they do belong to, and it does not make any vehicle closer or more far away from another tier. The third category is probably where I'd be satisfied that my BMW Falls within, and I think that most BMW consumers are okay with the fact that the X7 is "nothing like an actual M car" to it's fully capacity because their is an XB7 if anyone wanted to take that route for that reason. There is an XB7 for a reason.
XB7 is tuned by Alpina. I don’t believe it is necessarily a M car either. Alpina cars have cosmetic changes and powertrain enhancements. BMW USA does not sell a lot of different Alpina cars but Alpina has bunch of models across whole BMW line up. e.g 3 series, 4 series X3 and X4. These have their own M cars too.

Again OP is excited about his/her purchase and we should just be welcoming rather than fact checking new owners to death. I have noticed similar threads in past and we get side tracked quite a bit.
Appreciate 0