View Single Post
      08-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #13
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
I've done about 3000 miles or so now on the Ohlins including some "winding mountain roads" type driving.

I initially had 15 clicks all around for highway/around town driving and was very happy. Before heading to the mountains, I set it to 10 clicks all around, and was amazed how the car felt in the turns and changes of direction, just pure sex.

Having returned from the mountains, I have left the 10 clicks on all 4 corners and find down here in South Florida, with some of these freeway interchanges, they have noticeable sections in the pavement probably similar to what dcmac had mentioned, which the harder setting exacerbates (only bothers me in these few turns, which are the only fun we get down here for an M2).

It doesn't bother me on straights, the car is very crisp going over pavement separations when both wheels are pointed straight. However, when those pavement separations are on a fast turn, along with my somewhat aggressive alignment (0 toe in front), it feels like the car is going over each separation one wheel at a time, and making a hard bounce, very quickly to each side, on left, then right, then left, etc., which is very unnerving in a turn!

I have no issues daily driving the Ohlins but I like a firm, sporty ride. And I do believe that putting it to 20 or 25 clicks would be closer to the bounce/softness of the stock M2 suspension, if one were to desire that.

At 15 clicks all around for highway/regular driving, that was not such a noticeable issue, but the Ohlins still felt stiffer than stock and not at all bouncy/bumpy; so I find 15 clicks all around is perfect for my car and where I drive it most - another factor in addition to taste I think is worth mentioning.

And, next time back in the mountains, I'll put it back to 10 or even try 5-7 clicks.

The only other thing worth a mention, noted in many threads, is the extra cabin noise due to metal on metal application of camber plates. It's noticeable on the freeway, but after a few thousand miles I've gotten used to it, and no longer even notice or think about it. It's also possible that things have bedded in/settled and the noise has actually been reduced. It'll still be a louder cabin than stock, regardless.

Hoping to report from a track day not too long in the future!
Awesome feedback. I hadn't read about the increase in cabin noise. I don't do a lot of freeway driving so not a huge deal, unless it's very noticeable around town? My cabin is loud AF as it is with a catless exhaust lol so ideally I don't add any extra noise if I can help it
Appreciate 1
ddk632585.00