View Single Post
      05-29-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
Jack in Jax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pearson 424 Ketch

I'd suggest you further investigate two diverse sets of options:

-- the PDC operated by BMW in Spartanburg, SC. My son opted for their normal 2-day course after getting his Z4 3.0Si and he drove almost every car made by BMW including several M's. The instructional mix (classroom to track) was excellent and the mix of events, most of them hands-on for the students, were entertaining but also challenging. And don't lose sight of the fact that the PDC offers a wide range of courses plus customizes programs, as well. (There's some excellent video available on the Women Only course they run, if that would be a preferred setting for your wife). Were I you (two), I'd call them and talk with one of the staff. They certainly have all the toys to make the programs BMW-relevant.

-- Don't overlook the mix of events offered at the major BMW CCA events such as Oktoberfest, which include track events and instructional programs as well as driving events 'out and about'. If you're not a CCA member (yet), you can visit the bmwcca.org site and review info posted there on their upcoming events and/or "leaf thru" a recent Roundel that will include event info. Also keep in mind that you will most likely have a regional CCA chapter that sponsors a mix of instructional and track events closer to home. Definitely get the contact info from the CCA and make an inquiry on those programs, as well. (No one sez you have to pick just one... <g>)

In both cases, these offer a diversity of skill building choices AND concurrently a chance to mix with/learn from other BMW fans - surely, a good thing for the owners of a new BMW.

Jack
Appreciate 0