View Single Post
      12-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

I want to import my X7 from the US to Switzerland

Hello - looking to the forum for any advice.

It is looking likely that I will need to relocate to Switzerland from New York for work for several years (if not longer). We have a new 2020 X7 40i M Sport (owned not leased); we would like to keep the car it possible if we do end up relocating to Europe.

From what I've read online, importing to Switzerland is possible, and I will be able to skip the import duties due to a relocation (and having owned the car for 6months by the time we get there). It seems the registration process should be possible, especially since the 40i is sold in Switzerland. What I don't quite know or understand, however, is what kind of retrofitting is needed to make a US spec car registrable in Switzerland. Does the retrofitting cause any problems if we ever come back with the car? Is my US warranty not valid in Europe?

All the expense will be handled by the Company, but I would be curious if anyone has any advice as far as what I need to ask them for and / or if I should just request that they cover the difference between what I can get as far sale price and the cost to purchase a similar X7 in Switzerland.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0