View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #16
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
IMO a number of the discontinued options are directly related to actual builds that skip these options. If I order a new X7 I would pass on Ambient Air, Offroad Package, Night Vision, and Rear Seat Entertainment. And most 40i buyers would rarely if ever option the Bowers and Wilkins sound system anyway.
You are certainly right about that. But a limited number of options also has its risks. I know for sure that features like the RES or night-vision or the full leather were deciding factors why I picked this vehicle over another one. We all know that the majority of these options are also 'overpriced' and therefore, even if only a limited number of customers pick them, were still profitable. I have a feeling that COVID had a major impact on these decisions because taking options off their luxury model is not really 'BMW-like'.

I would also like to know why BMW is still offering full leather, night-vision and the RES on the Aplina XB7 for MY21. Is it more likely that these options will be picked on that vehicle and not on a M50i? I don't know...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0