View Single Post
      11-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #8
RaidersFan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Not a direct answer to your question BUT...

I am on my second 235, a convertible. Dad has a 330ci 2006 with 30k miles that's his nice weather toy. I have driven his car off and on for years, and he's driven my 235 vert multiple times in the month I have had it. They are often parked side by side in the same garage. While I cannot comment on reliability for 10 years, we agree that the 2-series is superior in every other possible way. Well, to be fair, the paint job on the E46 is better since that was before the echo-minded planet savers got everyone to switch to environmentally friendly paint. But paint job aside there's not one reason I'd take the older car.
I can think of one: only got $13k to spend!

It's been forever since I have driven a 330i, and I have never driven an M2, but how much better is it? Certainly not 4x as good (as the price would indicate) but how much better, do you estimate? I recently sold my 15-year old Tacoma with 200k on the clock for $10,000, and was test driving a new replacement, which stickered at $40k. It certainly wasn't 4x the truck, I can tell you that. Ended up going with a low mileage 7-year old Tacoma in the mid 20's. Seemed like the best bang for the buck.
Appreciate 0