View Single Post
      03-11-2017, 03:40 AM   #12
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Assuming your tyres are all worn fairly evenly, with minimal feathering on the edges etc then I'd return the car for a re-alignment and ask them to try harder and at least have equal toe on each side. I'm not quite an expert yet but when diagnosing these issues you want a good baseline so that means new properly inflated tyres, and perfect alignment. Also ask them to reset the steering angle sensor after the alignment and especially if the steering wheel has to be held at an angle to drive straight. The DSC will fight you slightly and can influence the car into a direction if it sees you trying to steer but the car is travelling straight. That, together with your negative rear thrust angle would shove the car left.

But that's just me. I'm pretty anal and if i have the time i will try my hardest to get things perfect. When i dont have the time i still put the effort in and cop it from the boss. Better than having a comeback. Heaps of shops will just push a car out if the alignment screen shows everything is 'green' even if the settings are not equal on both sides. Your camber is good and your front caster is perfect. Camber wont affect tyre wear as significantly as toe. Get them to even out the toe to ensure even wear.

As others suggested, sometimes it is the tyres. Swapping them side to side may provide relief. If you can, borrow a set of new tyres and test drive it.
Appreciate 0