View Single Post
      12-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #52
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
But it's not poorly received: if you take a look at the responses here - and these are enthusiasts - only a handful of us care.

I'd speculate that those of us who care probably spent the first 10 years of our driving lives working on cars either out of necessity or interest, but just a guess.

The whole idea is still stunning to me, but clearly BMW has focus-grouped this and figured out most people don't care and this thread proves their hypothesis.
I don't agree. I think if they didn't do there would be no complaints about it. there are many comments made by basically every single publication that has reviewed this car, and it is a talking point, and imo a controversial one at that.

I had a 1m, and the sound in stock form was fine to me, it dint need any sound enhancement. this car, with windows down has a lot of turbo noise which IMO sounds good. with a more open aftermarket exhaust system and intake system, that noise will be amplified, which is ideal.

the synthetic and overly enhanced sound is IMO not necessary, and is either something that people don't care about or don't like. essentially no one, and no reviewer likes the idea of the active sound. that is why I think it was a mistake.

:twocents: