04-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #15
Terlingua
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW FTW

Last 4 virgin wheels are sold!
Thanks everyone.

Several people were asking about lower prices or help with shipping costs:
I have 2 blem wheels with modest scuff marks from demounting tires or balancing that I will consider offers on.

Blem 2(last image): NO marks on the face, just heavier scuffs thru paint and powder coat on outer barrel from tire iron (normally covered by tire). You never see this w tire mounted. Everything cosmetic: face, bead area, and lip are perfect.

Blem 1: Paint blem as received from Apex(see all pics but the last). I did not even notice this and I WOULD NOT waste Apex time asking about it myself or for anyone else. Save that relationship for cracked wheels from track and only if not running curbing. This wheel was also scuffed during balancing with a mark on the face. At 3 foot only OCD (this might apply to 50% of us) would notice.

edit* YES, ALL BUT THE LAST PICTURE as attached below are of Blem 1. Yes, it is that hard to make it visible. The mark near the center cap really is exceptionally difficult to see any further than 4 foot, so if you are 6'3" like me you cant see it unless you were to bend down to inspect them on a vehicle. I had difficulty even getting the marks to show up in the photos. Regarding the paint sheen/run, several people have told me that this is not completely uncommon on these wheels in Race Silver. It is also not very noticeable.

Bonus:
"Wheres Meowmers!"- let your kids find the kitty cat in 3 of the pictures for fun.
Attached Images

Last edited by Terlingua; 06-12-2017 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0