Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 gtr

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post

My conclusion is to spend my $$$ on something brand new where it is build to my spec.

That is what I'm struggling. Piece of mind with the warranty and getting the car I want or settling for a combo or color I don really like and worrying every time I step on the pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
Jopa - I wouldn't sweat the maintenance. I would not buy a car with ceramic brakes and then you'll be in the clear.

I too have strongly considered the "997.1" (2007-2009) Turbos but ultimately decided that spending $65k+ on a car so old just isn't practical especially considering a GT-R is in the same price range and is a much quicker car. The 997.2 (2009+) 911 Turbos are supposedly much more livable as a daily driver but are just so much more expensive yet still slower than the GT-R.
That's what I found out people do once the ceramic ones go bead. I just wonder how long the brakes last before needing replacing. I did consider the gtr but my brother is getting one in a few weeks and I did not want to steel his thunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post
Depends a lot on what you like and how you're going to use the car. I have shopped for a 997 Turbo a few times, but with being in the northeast where the summer is short and the roads are crap, I couldn't live with a 997 Turbo as a daily and if it's a weekend car, there are other cars in the price range that I find a bit more enjoyable because they weren't trying to be as flexible as a 997 Turbo.
It would be my second car since we get only a few months of summer here before we are hit with snow.
Another thought I had was to buy the turbo for a year or so and then when the m4 is an year old buy a 1 year old one that way I'm not hit with depreciation.

Thanx for everybody's opinion
Appreciate 0