01-26-2022, 10:02 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevr5688 View Post
Hey all. Wondering if any of you have experience these issues before and if so, what was done to resolve them. I have recently started noticing my steering wheel has gotten more heavy and sometimes it nudges as if it were trying to keep you in lane but it's not. It takes more effort to turn the wheel. More noticeable during curves like on a on or off ramp. I have made sure that all the lane keep assist settings are turned off but it still happens. It also seems to be more affected by the dips and bumps in the road. Also, I'm noticing the car seems to be wobbling side-to-side more instead of bouncing up and down over bumps. Last symptom I noticed is the steering wheel has a slight initial pull to the right when you press the brakes around 30-50mph range. I have an appointment with the dealer but want to try to be prepared when I walk in there. It almost seems like there's something broken in the steering or suspension. I took the wheels off and did a visual inspection but did not see anything obvious. Also, I tried to find the power steering fluid in the engine compartment but didn't find it. Do we have a power steering reservoir? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
There's no power steering fluid with Electronic Power Steering (EPS) units in G05/6/7

If there's issues with the EPS, a warning symbol should display in the KOMBI (instrument panel) in addition to message in CID (central info display)

In the event of failure of the electromechanical power steering (EPS), a yellow Check Control symbol appears in the LC display.

Simultaneously, the fixed indicator lamp lights up in the instrument cluster. The Check Control symbol has the following meaning: Steering behavior! Drive with vehicle care!

Possible causes for the Check Control message lighting up can be:

- Fault in the EPS control unit, in an integrated sensor or in the servomotor EPS overheat protection
- Undervoltage or overvoltage
- Failure of external signals with influence on steering servo assistance
- Faulty or incomplete initialization of the steering (e.g. learning end stops)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0