10-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #18
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
The M235i is still a nice car that'll fit alot of drivers.
Absolutely...it will appeal to more people now because there are few sacrifices now...it's fast, quiet, comfortable, handles well and has nice fit and finish. It's a more appealing car to more people. That is part of the differences of opinion. So many like it and the press likes it that people can't understand why a few are a little dissapointed in it.

Myself, I have never argued that there are logical reasons for it either or that one side is right or wrong...it is simply matter of taste! It's like my first girlfriend that lived in the best part of town in a really nice house. She couldn't understand why anyone would go to a mountain and sleep in a tent, get bitten by mosquitoes and not shower for three days! She was absolutely right...it makes no sense whatsoever when you can sleep in a cushy bed, shower, toilet, tv, etc.... Logic is 1,000,000% on her side as well as the M235i uber-fans. You are all one million percent correct! I am yelling it from the mountain top!

The thing is that sometimes that little discomfort and assault on your senses, a little fear and uncertainty make you feel alive and give you a rush. Some cars are not as comfy, firmer, louder, sharper, etc and they make you feel uneasy a bit but A L I V E ! It makes no sense to most but that is what happens. The 1M for example was loud and stiff, no automatic gearbox, no sunroof, lousy traction control and it can be scary at times but it was like going on a camping trip every day. The 235i can be pretty close to that but BMW softened it a tad too much and did not give you the option to get it lighter without power stuff and iDrive.

I don't expect anyone to change their mind, I'm just trying to explain the unexplainable because it is illogical for sure.
Appreciate 0