Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhibhooligan View Post
One good thing about living in LA is the weather. Since I've owned the car (4 months) I haven't done a single touch hand wash. Just take it to the car wash, spray foam/soap the car, pressure wash, and blow dry.

So I luckily didn't have to do much paint correction at all. I hate having to do paint correction!
Mine was messed up by the dealer. When I bought my car, I specifically asked the guy to tell them NOT to wash or do anything to my car. Just remove the protective stickers and give the car as is, however dirty it was (which it wasn't). But he forgot to tell the guys at the "detailing area" that. And they totally messed it up. I couldn't believe the amount of swirl marks! But I was tired that day and just wanted to get back home and let it slide since it was a lease anyway. I do not take it to car washes with brushes. I wash all my cars at home by hand using the two bucket method. During the winter, it's always touchless.
But yes. To get rid of the swirl marks, I'll need to spend some time correcting the paint and I just don't have the time and patience at the moment to do it. Which is why I haven't ceramic/graphene coated it yet.
I can't believe the amount of damage a dealership can inflict on a brand new car! When I went to pick up my car some of the cars looked like they had been washed with a Brillo pad!

I was lucky that when I choose my car they had just pulled it off of the transport truck that morning. So protective stickers weren't removed and the car hadn't gone to the "detail shop" at the dealership yet. I also got a lease but just lucked out that the car I wanted had just gotten delivered.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1943.00