View Single Post
      09-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
n55 Tuning Update #2

Currently running our 2011 DCT equipped 135 at 14-15psi on 91oct pump gas. Ah, the beauties of timing control A few things we noticed so far:
-The factory turbo wont be able to hold much more than 12-13psi at 7000rpm in 100% stock trim. Even with 100% wastegate DC. Intake and exhaust upgrades should help. Until then, we are running things a bit more conservative with max boost in the low end/mid range at 14-15 and tapering to 11-12psi by redline.

-DCT Transmission is incredible. Even at this moderate tune-only state, the 135 feels about as quick as a fully bolt-on equipped n54 car with 6AT or 6MT. I can see this car put down some alarmingly good 1/4 mile times.

-v4 Boost control+DCT is a match made in heaven. With boost target always close to boost actual, the DTC shifts solidly and quickly exactly when you want it to. Great fun.

-Even at this boost level, no codes, tuner or otherwise.

For those who care about the tech details, yes, we have full v4 control. That means full logging (oil temp, ignition advance, map1, map2, MAF freq, actual throttle blade, etc.), CANclear, code reading/clearing, Vishnu Control Center, etc,. Basically, we are coming out of the gate with a full proper tune. Not a first-to-market quasi-tune.

Below a datalog of one of our recent test runs. You can see how quickly the transmission shifts gears. And how no boost is lost when doing so. Pretty amazing. Can't say too much more at this point. But perhaps we'll post some more videos later this week demonstrating how far along we are. I promised we would get up to speed quickly with the n55, didn't I?

Cheers
shiv
Appreciate 0