View Single Post
      05-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
CobraR1339
Private
Rep
Drives: M Coupe SG

I think the difference is competition. A time trail is classified as a competition, even though the cars are out 30 seconds or so apart. Actually safer IMO than a HPDE lap. This is the GRC for POC. As far as I know NASA , AROSC, SVT is the same.

But for a HDPE I guess not, I stand corrected. Thanks, sorry for wasting your time.

To be honest I have been driving a long time and never thought about driving on track without a belt system. My first instructors rules were "Belts, Tires and Alignment, Seat Time, Dependability mods, Catch my times and then mod for power, more chassis, etc. This guy could easily top the most expensive exotic vehicles newer drivers with a crap car on less than half the power.

POC GCR - Below

Lap belts with shoulder strap required as a minimum for Short Track events. Time Trial and Racing events require driver and passenger to have approved 5 or 6-point competition harness with 3” competition lap belts, minimum 3” shoulder harnesses and minimum one 2” anti- submarine strap. FIA-approved harnesses with 3”shoulder belts with a narrower 2” section for head and neck restraint systems and FIA or SFI-approved 2” lap belts will be allowed.
Appreciate 0