View Single Post
      09-01-2023, 11:14 AM   #5
DishoomX2
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, BMW X7 M50i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
The “Bowden cable” issue is very common. It’s the only issue I got after a few months. It’s the way they route the cable at manufacturing in the 3rd row seat to drop the head rests. They still have not upgraded the manufacturing installation by now which is pitiful.
If there is any delay with the headrest folding down after you push the lowering button or even if you manually lower the head rest, your 3rd row will not lower. Eventually the head rest will not lower and you are at full lock up. One of the pre failures signs is you will start to see the head rest not falling exactly the same time and immediately. If you starts to hang up or you have to help it fall then it’s only a matter of time for the Bowden cable to fail. Mine failed a few weeks before a major family road trip and got it fixed just in time. Took a day to tear apart the 3rd row seats to install the new parts so expect to get a loaner.
That's frustrating to hear and doesn't bode well for long term reliability (ie post warranty). SA mentioned that the tech did review a service bulletin, but said he'd pass this info along. I'm not sure why they are replacing seat rails if this could be the issue.

I'm probably already in over $6k of covered warranty work, and this will probably add another grand.
Appreciate 0