VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornagain73 View Post
Originally when I spoke to the finance manager several weeks ago, she was trying to make me feel like I was getting a deal at six grand. I’m like oh no I work in in the industry. So I asked my finance manager and she’s said $1500-2000
They’re offering it to me now for $2200. I just didn’t know if it was maybe better to self ensure. I drive about 300 miles a week in LA
Mostly highway and occasionally I have to cut through downtown depending on traffic. Thanks once again for all your insight ✌️
I’m pretty good friends with most of the management at Momentum BMW here in Houston. I believe cost on that to them is like $500. Anything they get after that is pure profit. Just make sure you look at what you’re signing because it will probably be on that same tablet along with the actual BWW paperwork.

Once again, the dealership will be completely hands-off after you’ve paid for this. I’d probably get it if they offered it for $1,500. One wheel and tire will cost you at least that much. When I had my 2019 M550, I had cracked several rims thanks to the low profile wheels and run-flat tires. You can get the rims repaired for several hundred dollars if it ever comes to that.

Also watch out for the third-party maintenance packages they push on you. They make a lot more off of those than they do on the plans offered by BMW. Just like the wheel and tire insurance, the dealership will be hands-off in regards to claims. You can also purchase the BMW service plans and extended warranty as long as you’re still within factory maintenance and/or warranty coverage. The benefit of buying it upfront is you’re locking in the price and you can spread the payments out over the course of your loans/lease.
Appreciate 1