03-02-2016, 11:12 PM   #11
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M AW & F15X5 40d & M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
You're running revozsport diffuser it looks like? Also, is exhaust different as well?
Yes Arvinz, it's the revozport CF diffuser. The valvetronic exhaust is from HMS Tuning, Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman21 View Post
Any more opinions on the driving experience, sound, feel etc?
The M2 drives very well. It has a nice powerband with virtually no turbo lag compared to 1M. DCT transmission felt good (smoother than the M4 I drove afterwards). The cabin was strange with the piped in sound, engine and exhaust note sounded good but somewhat artificial. I had full helmet on as well so it's a bit hard to tell accurately. The car handled really, felt more nimble than the M4 with the lighter weight and certainly not as scary as the 1M. I pushed hard (with just sport mode, we weren't allowed full DSC off) and it turned in nicely without feeling it was going to step out. As an everyday drive, occasional spirited run and track days, I think the M2 ticks a lot of boxes for people like us who like to drive. In short, it is the newer 1M coupe that got more refined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy757 View Post
you say its not better enough to trade up, but is it better? I'd love to hear your thoughts about the two.
It is better no doubt in a lot of ways but it won't give you the same thrill as the 1M, IMHO of course. It's kinda like you've grown up now and dating a more steady, marriage material girl but you will miss the other wild one you dated before.