View Single Post
      05-13-2008, 01:54 AM   #12
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Thanks denial! Excellent step-by-step. I'll be doing that this weekend! I'm thinking to outline the spoiler with masking tape so close that there's no paint visible, and then use Q-tips with Betaclean to remove any adhesive mess. Therefore, just after setting the spolier in place (and clamping the ends), then use the Q-tips to remove excess, then pull the masking tape. Use Q-tips once more to run along the seams, then tape the spoiler down. I think I'll also mask the upperside of the spoiler so that no matter what no adhesive finds its way there.

I haven't looked yet, but I'm thinking to just remove the trunk bulb so the trunk can remain open enough for the clamps to work.

All I can say is I hope this sucker stays put as by the end of the month I'll be putting some serious wind pressure on it!