02-20-2023, 02:42 AM   #51
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
My question stems from a 'hypothetical-what-if' type scenario. If the EDC module compensates for OEM EDC shock wear - by altering the voltage the EDC shocks 'see' - i.e. to stiffen them as mileage and wear increase, then what might happen if the EDC was reset BUT the old OEM EDC shocks were left installed?

In this case it seems as though the EDC would revert to "thinking" the shocks were new when in fact they are old and worn. So if the EDC is reset and the shocks are still old then the ride would (comfort) theoretically improve but the handling would be degraded.

I know this sounds like an odd scenario, but suppose an owner wanted a softer ride then one could reset the EDC mileage to zero and if desired still stiffen the ride back up from the newly improved comfort mode with the other two remaining EDC normal and sport settings.

Sorry for my miscellaneous ramblings.
Got you. Also been thinking about this since I read about that the EDC are compensated over time. I don't have a tool to reset with but thinking of getting one to do it as I don't think my EDC behave the way I like it over the years.

Come to think of it, it is a few years not since I measured the (individual) EDC chock current but when I did it measured according to spec (IIRC 0.8/1.6/2.0Amps in the diff settings). Still have the wire "tool", maybe I'll make another measurement now after some years have passed to see if its possible to confirm (assumingly should be tad lower current).
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6731.50