View Single Post
      08-29-2021, 09:12 AM   #43
2009550iMSport
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 550i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebmwM3 View Post
I ordered a CIC upgrade off of EBay, the mic splitter and mr12 volt. Originally tried the CarPlay head unit from Andream but couldn't get sound without plugging in the AUX plug. Tried to code it but unsuccessful. Hope this works. It's a huge upgrade and involves time and lots of money. I'm still concerned about OEM look. I saw mr12volt had a ccc upgrade but what would the display be like? Has anyone ever seen Apple CarPlay on a ccc screen?
Did you get a kit that was pre-coded for your VIN including FSC codes for NAV activation?

I have had 4 BMWs with CCC, and I ended up retrofitting each one with CIC. I never regretted it, even when the cost was much more expensive than it is today. CIC is a much more stable system in just about every single way. It also has the added benefit of making your car feel a decade newer. I wouldn’t mess with the CCC version of this, personally, but that factors in my hatred for CCC. Also, the CCC display is low resolution and wouldn’t look very good with CarPlay, in my opinion. This box is somehow able to make the CIC’s display look to be a higher resolution than it actually is. I am thoroughly impressed.

I know I’ve been hyping this box up like crazy, but i want you all to understand that I am not the type to do that on a whim. This system really is just absolutely amazing. You will not regret it. I have never been this satisfied with any aftermarket part for my car, of any kind.
Appreciate 1