Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPerformance211 View Post
Apples to apples is how many model specific cars in a given year does a manufacturer produce and sell. After all, there are other places in the world besides the USA (none are any better but I digress). That is an apples to apples comparison. Fact is that BMW (a manufacturer) sells 34.8% more 4 series than GM (a manufacturer) produces and sells Camaro.

Notice you didn't answer my other question so I'll ask it again. What car does GM sell in Europe that is the equivalent of the Camaro? I'll help you out. There is none.
The only way to accurately compare sales of these vehicles is geographically. Any other comparison is disingenuous.

As soon as OUS sales are included in any comparative US sales the data, the information is polluted and inaccurate. This is consistent in Pharma, Cars, Toilet Paper or whatever one sells in both the US domestic market and international markets. Anyone who works in any international business knows this.

This is my one of my father's favorite quotes. He is a Ph.D., now retired, who teaches statistics:

Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." - Mark Twain's Own Autobiography: The Chapters from the North American Review

The more accurate statement would be, 'Internationally and overall, the BMW 4 series sells more units than the Camaro but in a direct comparison limited to the US market, the Camaro sells in greater numbers.'

Cheers-mk

Last edited by MKSixer; 01-01-2016 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 1