dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
As an American anything Alpina get my blood flowing... it's something about the original BMW tuner that just clicks... the right amount of power and bling... it whispers cool without shouting it from the rooftops.

That being said, it's gonna be a $140k+ SUV... and that for me will require a CAT scan to make sure I'm ok... I get spending that cash on an exotic but on MY wife's grocery getter that she is probably gonna curb rash and bumper car through the local Saks parking lot... I think not...
This is so problematic. You must be such an amazing person to chat with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post

A) You're gonna need a lot more than $140K for an exotic.

B) On behalf of every mom driver in America, that's a pretty offensive generality.
Sorry I offended, it was actually supposed to be more self/family deprecating and humorous based on my real world experiences. I fixed to to say what I was actually thinking at the moment vs what my fingers typed... it was late and I was tired, obviously didn't proof read correctly...

And before you get even more triggered, my wife is a wonderful driver 90% of the time. Occasionally however she gets in a rush, flustered and careless when in tight spots and makes mistakes. Hell even I make mistakes.

My point was, as much as I love Alpina this is a 600 hp $140k+ SUV with 21" or 22" multi spoke wheels and and will likely get dinged up being used as a daily. I'd rather have an exotic or semi exotic toy that gets treated correctly by both myself and my wife rather than spend it on a big fast SUV, but to each their own.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50