Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (Dec 13th)

Garage List
2000 M5  [0.00]
common sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
I'm not sure how you can stress out a solenoid other than subjecting it to too high of fuel pressure or running it static/wide open too often. But for what it's worth, we don't run any higher fuel pressures that stock with the XEDE. Nor do we run the injectors static.

-shiv
I think the compression ratio on the 335i is 10.5/1, so what exactly is the air pressure in the cylinder at TDC when running stock vs. XEDE boosted? My rough numbers are about 250psi and 275psi respectively. Aren't the D-Injectors working a "little harder" after the XEDE mod? I feel that the Direct Injectors will be the most sensitive part of this equation. Do you offer a warranty on an engine that has been XEDE modded? Or at least warranty the components like the Turbo and Direct Injection system for 50K miles? I mean, if none of this causes any damage to the vehicle wouldn't that be simple to do; provide a warranty? Thanks.... My 335i Sedan will be here middle of December... it will be your next 'experiment' if you can warranty your work and the engine too.
Appreciate 0