View Single Post
      12-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
foleytam
Registered
Rep
Drives: SAAB

Kevin Hite/Bill Stephens

Ironically, while cleaning out old files, I came across a letter I sent to BMW regarding my horrific experience with Kevin Hite as well as his manager at the time, Bill Stephens, both who were with Shelly BMW. In short, I purchased 2 BMW's from Kevin within 6 years, and while purchasing my 2nd, he completely swindeled me into Certifying the vehicle to go through their leasing program as opposed to my credit union which I had already begun the process. In the end, he "royally" screwed me over, a loyal customer for 6 years, and I ended up turning the car in though it broke my heart, at that point it was about principal. I owed $23,000 on a vehicle that had only $16,000 miles, so you know who got the better end of the deal. I had about $5000 in equity. To add injury to insult, Bill Stephens told me when I bring the car in, I need to leave the CD player as well, which was in the trunk... and yes he knew I purchased the CD player on my own.
As you can guess, I was furious at the way I was treated, and wrote to Michael Chadwick the General Mgr of Shelly and a few choice others. Michael somewhat righted the wrong, stated it was completely mishandled, sent me a check for $500 and stated if and when I was ready for another BMW, to come straight to him and he will sell to me for wholesale. I was pleased with his repsonse however, the damage was done.

It has been 10 years, yes 10, and I still tell the story and have had an effect on the choice of others and friends when it comes to purchasing a BMW. All of this, and could have been prevented by Kevin and Bill accepting my compromise of me paying the $1500 Cert fee (which I was told there was no charge orginally), and them covering the $600 fee they charged for my vehicle to be smogged?? They refused. Really... $600... hate to say it, but but this has likely costed BMW and Kevin's sales by around $600,000 over the last 10 years. Bottom line... KARMA!!!!! I did also receive a letter from Michael that Kevin was no longer employed, with BMW, I was hoping that meant with each BMW dealership, unfortnuately Mckenna probably did not know what they had taken on, but time will tell. As for Bill... I see he owns his own dealership... good luck to him, and may he hope I have no friends, family, or colleagues who are looking for an Infinity from the dealerhship he owns. Again, KARMA my friends. Cheers!

Last edited by foleytam; 12-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: Wanted to put title
Appreciate 0