View Single Post
      11-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
E36Racer
Haters gonna hate
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, 1998 M3, 2011 328xi

Strange bucking/hesitation accelerating aroung 25-30

So I tried a search and couldn't really find anything that seemed to fit the bill. Here is my issue, my wife's 2010 328xi has an odd bucking/trans slipping under acceleration around 25-30 when you slow for a turn and then roll back on the gas. It's an auto so I cant tell if it's the trans or something with the transfer case. This is the first auto BMW I've ever owned, also the first x-drive as well.

It does it in both regular and sport mode under normal throttle application. I haven't tried to replicate the issue under full throttle because I figure that might just cause more damage. It has 60k miles, and all of the fluids in the entire car were changed at 52k, and they all looked great (literally every single fluid in the car, including greasing the muffler bearings...). No lights are on, on the dash, which I'm really shocked about since it is not a "once in a blue moon" issue. I can replicate the problem at will.

Any ideas?

If the trans or transfer case are about to shit the bed, it's getting traded in next week on the AMG she wants. Which 1) I don't want to pay for and 2) don't want to taint my driveway with either because neither of my cars are giving up a garage spot.
Appreciate 0