View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #32
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Im 100% serious. RS are for track duty, PERIOD, they are a complete compromise for daily local driving and roads, meant purely for speed. I dont care if someones uses it for their daily or summer weekend posing (yes i know some that do too)as they are not fun to drive at 20-40mph stop and go and even they admit it...Now if your local driving is the Autobahn Ill make that exception, but driving in NY and probably most any large city and you are just trying to show off to the 0.0000001% of us that even know or care about what an RS is.

You get a GT3 touring if one wants the most outrageous P car meant for the street, and thats why it is a 6MT. Its discreet and outrageous all at the same time. No MT=no daily drivers when it comes to a P car, they are meant to be driven!
Ehh I hear you but I agree and disagree. Is an RS overkill for 99.9% of non-track situations...yes. But then again so are most "supercars" out there. Does anyone really need a 720s or Performante if you're only driving 20-40mph or driving through a city? No (you don't even need an M3 for that matter. We'd all be better off in a Prius) but rational, utilitarian needs is not why we buy these cars.

For me, it's about how much I enjoy it in those (albeit limited) opportunities I can push the car. I do a few track days a year, but most of my enjoyment is long weekend drives and getting out into the country a bit...doing canyon runs, mountain drives, etc. Would a touring do the trick...yes...but would I enjoy the RS even more...hells yea.

And not that my main intent is to show off but for me personally I'd still rather "impress" the enthusiasts, those that 'get it', the "0.0000001% of us that even know or care about what an RS is." as you put it than the 99.99999% of the general population that is impressed by a Ferrari or Lambo...No knock on Ferrari's or Lambos at all (would love a 458 in the garage as a third car).