CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, it's a $350 difference and doesn't seem worth the risk of making me seem like a bigger liability to my insurance company.

I was going to start making noise about having a lawyer at the ready and "The loss of value to the repaired car by using non OEM bumpers and supports..." to try to get them to back off thinking that maybe I wont go after them for diminished value if they just step up and cover the OEM parts.

I've asked to work with the adjusters supervisor but so far he's just ignoring that.
He can ignore you all he wants, but they can't close the claim until a settlement is reached if you keep contacting them every day.

Document everything, and calmly insist you want to speak to the supervisor. If they don't allow it, tell them your lawyer will be the next person on the other end of the line. Claims adjusters must track every single interaction in the claim file per company policy for legal reasons. If days go by and every single note in the claim file made by the adjuster is "spoke with claimant" but no progress is made, the supervisor will be forced to look into it anyway and the adjuster will start to look bad as their unresolved claims number starts building up.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11468.00