Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Jon,

I hope you are enjoying your new N/A stroker engine. (before you get it supercharged again)
LOL thanks but its not a stroker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
So the new motor is a stroker???
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
To me it is buyer beware. Is there some document where G-power guarntees they will fix your car when the "tune" destroys your engine? How long is the engine warranty? If you can't afford to replace your engine, then you can't afford a supercharger kit is the reality in my mind. I meant to ask Jon if he had a wideband installed or any kind of knock measuring device to ensure the car is running properly.
G-Power will cover motors that had kits installed by their Authorized Dealers only. I didn't have a wideband installed I knew I shoud have though.Its not really the a/f that was bad it was due to detonation too much timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
good to hear you got your car back. you back to your old gintani set up?
Thanks, I will be N/A with all my old stuff for a lil while until we figure out what to do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Nothing bad to say about G-Power here. The stage 2 car at the dyno day put down 540rwhp with a very smooth hp/tq curve and A/F ratio curve. Congrats on getting your car back.
YUP +1 it will be better soon. I plan on bettering those numbers with the new file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Wonder if they blew the motors due to the "bad tuning file"? Makes sense.....cars runs too lean or something and BLAMO!

Could be that a bad tune is fully to blame and NOT a "weak" motor....just thinking aloud.....you could have the best built motor in the world and totally destroy it with a poor tune.
As I said before too much timing caused detonation and you're right the best engine in the world with the strongest shit with blow with the wrong file. The S65 isn't a weak motor period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Kernow View Post
"Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
Jonmartin,

Is it specifically the tune associated with the kit that is blowing the motors? What is the tune doing that is detrimental?
"

Good question.
Were the other 2 SC S65's in Germany both GPower as well? I wonder why when GPower knew their tune was causing the engine failures didn't they re-flash all the customers S65 ECU's to the new software before they blew?

Have all 5 motors costs been covered? At least your car has been sorted mate, i'd sit tight though wait and see what happens with other SC cars on the road before reinstalling your kit again.
I have no idea about the other supposed blown cars all I know about is my car and another local car so I can't comment on those.

To everyone else thanks for the comments.
Appreciate 0