View Single Post
      11-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #11
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Well the new MK7 Golf's have been getting rave reviews, but of course that's a new car (I don't know what your budget is). A car that you can get there that I've always loved are the VW Scirocco's. They look so awesome!!!

Another fun car (although I don't know reliable it would be) is a MINI Cooper Sd (it's a diesel).

I would consider only diesels if I were you. While I was there for those months, I rented an E92 M3 a couple of times and it drained my wallet dry at the gas station.

Oooh. If you don't mind having a bigger car, but want to save $$$, I'd highly consider an E39 530d. Pretty reliable cars, I6 diesels are to die for (rented an F11 530d and the torque was nuts). I'm completely thinking out loud here

P.S. A BMW 120d or 123d would be a nice choice as well. They aren't overly expensive because they are pretty much everywhere in Germany, nice and compact (although not the best looking, but who cares), and handle like an E46.
Diesel for me it is! Man I love searching for cars. I will look into the Scirocco as I haven't done that yet. If I can get a decent 120D, I might look into that as well. Petrol is ridiculously expensive and the diesels just get great gas mileage so yea, sticking with the diesel.
Appreciate 0