R12ax7
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 340xi

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolty View Post
Driving with the summer OEM tires in snow/cold weather is a death wish, even with xdrive. Dont do it.

Maybe the 17 inchers are All Season?? My 18's were ps2 RFT's and they are absolute shyte in cold weather.
Thats correct - the 17" ZSP tires are all seasons. I drove all winter with the stock all seasons including in one 8"+ storm and my experience was every bit as good as all of the previous posters. I am sure snow tires would make stopping even better but I'm not sure that winters here in southeastern PA really warrant snow tires. Bottom line: even with the all seasons the car was a beast in the snow. Never once did I slide or have any loss of control.

The xDrive puts a lot of its competitors to shame (specifically my previous car, an Infiniti G35x). I'm sure Audi's Quattro stacks up favorably in terms of AWD, but it cant really touch the Bimmer in other areas.

As far as sport/summer tires, I plan on getting a set of summer wheels and tires soon and just going back to the all seasons for next winter.
Appreciate 0