05-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #22
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I guess color, like most things is subjective. I personally LOVE the color (sans wing) on the car, was in line for a VO initially before I had a chance to see it in person and then was left disappointed because I wanted it to be much bolder, just like the Fire Orange. If it had been offered like that ^^^ out of the factory, I would have opted for it 100%, in fact if we were allowed to pick an Individual color, I would have likely paid extra for it. But then again, this comes from someone that is orange crazy, I nearly bought my RS 4 in Papaya Orange, and then was strongly considering Glut Orange (Lambo Murcielago color), but somehow opted at the end for the 'safer' Sprint Blue. Been itching for a 'properly orange' car ever since, hope it is not a sign of forthcoming midlife crisis

Personally, I think the lines and overall character of the 1M show better with the bolder orange but that's just me.
Very well said. It is very personal taste especially when it comes to strong colors like this. Contrasting your experience, I was feeling good about the M3 GTS color in pictures till I saw one in person and I had a chance to walk around quite a bit; the same happened with a Audi TT. Now this car I felt "overdone" while you probably felt like love at first sight.
Appreciate 0