11-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #11
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335, G01 X3, Victory Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAudi2BMW View Post
Would you mind expanding on this a bit further? A big reason why I went JB box vs a flash tune until all of the warranty runs out. Would probably prefer the BM3 but do worry about it a bit. I knew with my Last VW I was toast if there was any issues. Both my dual clutch and ECU were tuned + a healthy dose of bolt-ons.

The big VW / Audi players (APR and Unitronic) have ways to flash back to stock, but it was still evident you were tuned. Some would even flash your specific stock tune vs just a stock tune. But the flash counter in the ECU moving each time still would throw a red flag.

Any further insight on the BM3 and these issues for a newbie would be appreciated!!
From my limited knowledge, if they pressed harder, they would have figured out it was tampered with. I'm guessing because everything else was basically visually stock, they didn't really dig too hard. If I had all my other shit bolted on, they probably would have given me a much harder time.
Appreciate 0