Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpanjy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbad View Post
I'm in the Bay Area too and not worth it keeping a set of winters for the 2-3 trips a year we make to Tahoe. We usually take our other car (with all seasons) or rent a car. Actually planning to do exactly that on our next trip there this winter.
Thanks for sharing your experience. So those stock tires (run-flat tires) are not good for the trip to Tahoe?
Really depends on the weather, if you're driving when it's below 40/45 F the ultra high performance tires that came on your X7 will start losing performance and not work as designed. The closer you get to freezing temperatures it will be outright dangerous to drive and if you happen to hit snow and the roadways aren't cleaned, you are out of luck and likely stuck on the side of the road. I've been on trips where I would've been fine but it's not worth the risk of getting stuck with your family on a trip, or worse. The way the weather is there right now, 30-40F during the day and 20s at night with chances of snow, you can forget about going on your stock tires.
Appreciate 0