Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
I did. We’ve been buying $100+ cars for a decade or more. Currently have four. We’ve never, ever considered a RR. I’ve never thought it was an attractive car, and I don’t count people who drive them as more “prestigious.” Opinions shouldn’t be stated as if they’re facts.
Well, you’d be in the minority. The link that was provided showing how RR is one of the top selling $100k vehicles only strengthens my point. As enthusiast of the car community, we can all agree which brands lean closer to prestige than others. Aston Martin, for example, is universally accepted as being at the pinnacle of class and prestige. Same goes for Range Rovers. I mean, it’s the vehicle of choice by the Royal Family, if that matters. I see the X7 as an expensive alternative to the RR but certainly it cannot compete as far as road presence and is not even remotely revered as such. BMW has always been in a weird space of trying to be luxurious yet, sport based..while not committing to either. Once people really get their money up, BMW Loses its traction because one tends to branch out to vehicles that REALLY exude elegance, class and status. That’s why most M drivers typically move UP to Porsche and the like.
I'm with MissDuvy. I would never consider a RR. Have 2 coworkers who think their RR are always in the shop and build quality is poor. I haven't heard that from dozens of 7 series and F85 X5M that I know. In my experience, RR is not the go to Luxury SUV for many people who can buy whatever they want.
Appreciate 0