BMWfan69
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Coupe, AW/Terracotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Hi BMWfan69,

Is this the BMW wax you are talking about?

I have used it - and it is Ok. This stuff is some sort of chemical very watery and has a RainX kind of smell to it. I found it went on well and comes off fine. It is just not a cream but some sort of sealant. Cost me 20 euros at the dealership.

In the end I stopped using it bc it doesn't leave the paint smooth to my touch. I really like a smooth feeling paint.... and this stuff just made the paint sticky to the touch.

Btw... I used the 100% cotton towel provided with this wax. I never had any issues with that.

My all time new favorite wax/sealer is Menzerna Power Lock Sealant! . This stuff goes on easy and comes off without any dust or effort! And it gives the car a nice wet look to it. Leaves the paint silky smoth too. I love this stuff. seems to last a long time and you use only a few oz to apply to the whole car.

I bought mine from a sponser of this site, Detailer's Domain:

http://www.detailersdomain.com/menze...ersealant.aspx

I also use a 100% carnuba wax (Sonax pro) ontop of menzerna sealer. This gives an even wetter deeper look to the paint!

Btw.... I can not give Detailer Domain guys higher marks in service and advice. They know thier stuff. Every order has gotten to me in about a week to my APO here(I'm in Germany). Something some of the "other" venders here, have found hard to do. A big thumbs up to DD.

Yes, that's the stuff. Yes, I find the same thing. It doesn't behave or feel like a wax. I've tried to get used to it, but I just don't like it. Thanks for the tip I'll look into the sonax and menzerna sealer. I have never used a sealer and don't know what to expect. Sounds like quite few folks on the forum use it.
Appreciate 0