07-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #22
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Well honestly I think uve got the whole process of waxing a bit skewed guy..

First off, using any wax you should work one panel at a time. When I say it takes bout 15 minutes for the pinnacle, I mean it takes that long for it to adhere to the paint, I wipe it off almost as soon as I wipe it on, theres zero need to leave the whole application on the paint until the whole car is done, the wax itself is on the paint pretty much as soon as you apply it, thats the beauty of it.

And if you're seeing white spots after a rainstorm when using that wax, either the car was sitting out in the rain and then exposed to sun or this was atleast 2-3 weeks after your application..or you just didnt apply it correctly although its not that difficult. Hardest thing I feel is polishing and I do mine by hand, waxing and detailing after is easy.

Need to realize if your car sits outside all the time like mine, it will spot for sure after a week after waxing, the sun is insanely powerful, its basically like an oven, specially now when its 90-100 degrees blazing sun, so if you get rain overnight and that water is still on the car (which it will be) and the sun comes out, alot of that water will dry to the paint. No different kind of wax will just cause all the water to just fall off the car and windows when it rains, doesnt work like that unless your going 80mph right after the rainstorm in cloudy weather.

Yes rain water will cause spots cuz of the salts, just like washing ur car with untreated water will do the same, it will happen, but 9/10 times even with those spots, as long as you wash the car every 2-3 weeks, they will not even reach below the clearcoat. And a sealant for ensure that even further, sure even after a sealant you will see spots, but take a good detailing spray and wipe that off, ull see it disappear.

Trust me im pretty damn ocd about detailing my car, i do it all by hand and I hate spots, etc. I dont expect every time i wash or wax for it to be perfect but pretty damn near, cuz honestly no matter what u do theres always going to be 1 or 2 spots where theres a smudge or spot gone into the clear coat that will be alot harder to get out, but I dont worry too much about that. I have a prof do a full job on the car once or twice a year, machine polish and all, gets all that harder stuff out and im fine.

Yes im long winded but the point is with any wax, water will still create spots if the car is left outside in the sun, etc. It happens, that is why I cannot fucking wait until I get a place with a garage so I have to deal with that SO much less
Appreciate 0