View Single Post
      08-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #17
JPOWER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 BLK VERT(F83)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlf80m3 View Post
I’ve got 19k miles on my 2017 m3 ZCP and I recently started getting these “drivetrain malfunction” alerts. Took it to BMW because it kept appearing after driving a few miles and going away when turning off the car and turning it back on. Initially, BMW tried to tell me some BS that I was getting this alert because I was low on fuel. Seemed strange because I had nearly 3/4 of a tank. I took it to an independent shop to get a diagnostic and I had 3 codes. “Charge air temperature too high,” “charging pressure control shut off as consequence,” and “auxiliary coolant pump dry running.” I notified my SA of these codes and he immediately backtracked saying that there is a memo out by BMWNA for a fix. Dealer is now replacing my expansion tank, radiator, and intercooler. BMWNA apparently knows that this a common problem, but will not issue a recall.
guarantee it was the top mount intercooler with an internal leak. this means coolant was going into your exhaust manifold. you should insist they change your plugs as well. i know because it happened to me right after my car was out of warranty
Appreciate 0