View Single Post
      07-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #10
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspang86 View Post
technic is there any upgrades we can do without breaking the bank? I've been reading other posts made by you and I think your probably the best person to ask for advice.
In a Stereo system for sure, you need to replace the front speakers and underseat woofers. Then add at least a 4-channel amp with high level inputs.

The front component set must have adjustable tweeter level so the boosted highs of the iDrive outputs can be neutralized -or at least minimized- without the expense and install complexity of a processor. You will need to get the OEM tweeter mounts from your local dealer.

The underseat woofers are too small (6.5") and they tend to "plop" and complain with additional power. Thus replacement with 8" is the recommended route. SWS-8, XE200, W200 may work but I have not measured the F30 underseat enclosure yet.

Any aftermarket amp with at least 10V RMS high level inputs would work directly with the iDrive outputs. If the amp has signal sensing inputs then the better. Something like the Alpine MRX-F35 would be perfect for its price.
Appreciate 0