View Single Post
      06-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #1
kingmonkey8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

BMW 428i Fuel Pump, Out of Warranty Problem.

I am based in the UK and have a 2013 BMW F32 428i that has less than 23k miles. The car broke down on the Motorway and suffered the infamous 'Drivetrain Failure' limp mode issue whilst driving.
The local BMW dealer has diagnosed the problem to be a failed Fuel pump and says that the whole Fuel tank needs to be replaced.
The problem is that the car has run out of the 3yr warranty. However a Fuel pump should last the life of the car so has failed well before the life expectancy of the part.
They are willing to waive the cost of the part but I have to pay for the labour charges of around £530. I have already paid £160 for the BMW Assist recovery when the car broke down.
My argument is that part has prematurely failed and they should cover all charges.
If I had used the car with average miles then the pump would have failed sooner and would have been covered by warranty.
Can anyone advise on this and what rights do I have?
They also mentioned a fuel pump was already replaced as part of an earlier recall on the car. But their details were a bit sketchy so can't confirm if it was the same part.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0