Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOuttaWater View Post
I've been reading this with great interest because we just bought a new Jeep and the X7 sits a lot now. It hasn't been cranked in almost a week. My wife used to use it all the time running errands and picking up the grand kids from school and such and they love the Jeep and have kicked the X7 to the curb. We will be taking another trip out west in January, hopefully, depending on the status of the country by then, and don't want to get out there in the cold weather and have the battery crap out on us. We bought the car in May of '19 and have about 25k miles on it. Should I get one of these chargers and keep it on it for maintenance? We are driving it to Ga. tomorrow but it's only about a 250 mile round trip. Hadn't really thought about this before. Thanks.
250 mile trip should be plenty to charge the batteries. If you are going to let it sit for a few weeks at a time, it's a good idea to get one of the trickle chargers to keep the battery topped up. Should help extend longevity of the battery.
I would recommend a charge before you leave if it's sitting for a month or longer. You don't necessarily need to have it charging at all times. If you do, make sure you get one of the chargers that auto shut off so you don't risk over charging it.
Appreciate 0