Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vucko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
I'm a BMW fan, but we've really liked our first and second gen GL's(now GLS), which the wife drives. Both of ours had very strong twin turbo V8s. Even the turbo six that is now in the GLS is more powerful. I think BMW will have its hands full charging more for a less powerful SUV that will likely ride a bit more firm than the X7. The GL(450) strikes a nice power/price/ride balance. My only complaint is the bad MB infotainment interface. I'm hoping the strong competition will lead to nice discounts. This segment needed competition.
i wouldnt look at those number just like that, merc is always having more HP than bmw, from 20d/200d to 40i/450 and even when comparing M vs AMG, always, but yet it doesnt always reflect in real condition, due to weight and pther driving dynamic system in which bmw leeds.. claiming that bmw takes more money fore less power is ridiculous, first of all they are not selling just power esepcially in this segment, but luxury comfort tech and other stuff, but look at accelleration number, bmw x7 40i with less power is 0.7sec quicker than gls with more power, more than half a second.. not small at all...
I'm not solely focused on power. It's the total package of the GLS 450 for less money than an X7 that make for an interesting playing field. I like BMW. I have an M4 comp and have had four M3s and another M4. The GLS will be stiff competition and the new one will be more so. I think BMW built the X7 with GLS in mind, among others.
Appreciate 0