View Single Post
      01-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #20
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Guys...thank you so much for helping me out to find out what is going on.
The graph didn't also looked like to me as well having a leak (seems prety steady in terms of boost level) but considering the boost gauge reaction i was really thoughtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
What is your procedure to calibrate the boost gauge and which gauge do you own ? I calibrated with engine shut off.

Although the engine will not see the boost spikes while you shift - in case the throttle is closed causing the spike - they seem to be quite high. Using a flash, I currently never spike above 16.5 PSI while shifting ( it's cold here outside, winter season ). Do you see +20 PSI spikes on the gauge as well, by recalling maximum boost ?

p.s. does not look like you have a boost leak, IMO.
I have one of the very first versions of Rixt3r boost gauge. I never see spikes more than 16,5 to 17,3 (only once or twice, ever). I used to do calibration with the engine completely cold (and shut off ,of course).
Its very cold here as well (for our standards) between 5-8 degrees (i'm serious! this is cold for us ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
That was not the intention.

I was primarily looking at the comparison between the DV's and that the stock looked the smoothest.
You didnt scare me...it was just the cherry on the pie as i was also very sceptical due to boost gauge reaction.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0