View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 10:28 PM   #10
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
So I was curious about this and tried it. I remote started my X7 with the app, but I still did not need to put in a pin or password when I got in the X7. I have not looked too hard into this security feature, so there may be a security setting that I am missing, but I will speculate that because I have my key fob in my pocket, no pin or password is required if you remote start using the app as well. But who knows.... :
I only tried this one time while I was in a restaurant getting ready to leave. Obviously, before Covid. When I got in the car with my key fob in my pocket and my wife's key fob in her purse, I put my foot on the brake and tried to put it in gear and it just sat there. It wouldn't go in gear. If I remember correctly I think I had to pick my profile before it would go into gear. Or maybe I just shut it off and started it again. It was way back in November when I tried it.

I should try checking it again since my last software update. Also, I should try leaving my key fob in the house and try to drive off without having my key fob with me. If it lets me drive off that is a SERIOUS problem. Hopefully, that's not the case.
Appreciate 0