View Single Post
      03-13-2019, 11:47 PM   #1
SaintD
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera S E Hybrid

Garage List
16 Porsche  [0.00]
Child Car Seat tethers in Captain’s Chairs

I test drove a beautiful X7, and I noticed something in person that I have not seen or read online. The captain chairs’ tether anchors are mounted on the cargo floor, and not on the back of the chairs as I expected. I did not test it, but it appears a tethered car seat would render the back and forth sliding inoperable (or worse damaging) since the capt chair would be fixed to the cargo floor without flexibility.
For many this is inconsequential. However, as a father of 3 youngins it matters since a car seat in capt’s chairs with a tether anchor seems to prevent 3rd row access from that side.
A quick work around would be a LATCH/seat belt restraint only without using the floor anchor. Still, the potentially less restrictive, 3 across, cheaper, fold-able, higher capacity bench seat is starting to look more practical even though it doesn't look nearly as cool to me. The pics show the different locations of the bench & capt’s tether anchors, and the distance that the capt chair travels from the anchor point.
In every aspect I was Very Impressed with the fit, finish, comfort and driving dynamics of the X7 xDrive40i!

God Bless
Attached Images

Last edited by SaintD; 03-14-2019 at 04:22 AM..
Appreciate 0